Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Updating kitchen cabinets

I have an older kitchen, and planning to do some remodelling.

The cabinets woodwork is sound, solid and in good shape. Not the nicest colour, has outdated handles and external hinges which are getting to be pretty sad.

Ripping out and replacing the woodwork, would of course give you exactly what you want in the end, but is a long, messy and expensive endeavour.

I am curious to know what kind of options I would have to update them.
Obviously I am limited to painting, or some sort of coating. Putting on new hardware, and internal hinges are a must, as is possibly new doors.
Any ideas, suggestions for a more modern look? Any special paints or coating out there? Colours? Any pitfalls or things to stay away from in regards to paint brands or types suitable for cabinetry?

The countertops will be replaced with granite and the floor will be a faux stone tile lino - was thinking of real tile, but I imagine the risk of cracked tiles from dropped cans, and stained grout from your everyday cooking incidents would make for a not so happy choice in the end.

phantasm72 is offline   Reply With Quote