Undermount Sink - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Undermount Sink

I just purchased a granite vanity top for my bathroom very cheap. The cutout for the undermount sink measures 15" X 11". Does the undermount sink have to be that exact size? I am getting very confused with this simple little project. I have looked all over the net and cant find an undermount sink that measures in that size from inside to inside edge, please help!!!

Advertisement

rdesmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.
Rewards Points: 2,000

Undermount Sink

Call your counter top installer (manufacturer), and have them tell you what template they used to cut the hole. They should be able to give you a range of sink manufacturers and their models that will fit.

Advertisement

Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 81

Undermount Sink

That cutout sounds like it is for a bar sink not a bath sink.
paul100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
Irrigation Contractor

Location: South Central British Columbia - The great White North
Rewards Points: 75

Undermount Sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdesmond View Post
I just purchased a granite vanity top for my bathroom very cheap. The cutout for the undermount sink measures 15" X 11". Does the undermount sink have to be that exact size? I am getting very confused with this simple little project. I have looked all over the net and cant find an undermount sink that measures in that size from inside to inside edge, please help!!!
Willie hit it on the head rdesmond. No granite counter top manufacturer will cut out a sink until they have it in their hands. They use the clients exact sink for the template.

Mick
Water Guy is offline   Reply With Quote