DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Toilet Line Replacement

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Outdoorbum 
#1 ·
Well I am halfway done with demo on a bathroom remodel and my drain lines look pretty rough. House was built in 1978. After looking at the clogged and old nature of the drain lines from the sink and toilet, I've decided to install all new drain lines to the main waste line. Is there a preferred method for doing this? Should I cut the lines near my main waste line and couple the new drain lines to the main? Also, is there a better alternative to the black ABS? I've seen some tutorials on using PVC so not sure which is better, or if they can be joined to an ABS main. Thanks to everyone here for the help!

#7 · (Edited)
The sink line was almost completely clogged and i was amazed waste was even able to flow through it. I'm not afraid of work and I figured since I had everything ripped apart, installing new plumbing wasn't a huge issue so I figured why not make it new. I hadn't given any thought to the cleaning solution (hydro-scrub?) The flange is really stuck to the toilet drain as well, so i'm not sure how to remove that. The first picture is my tub drain on the left, second is the plugged sink line.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.