Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #1

Share |

Small Kitchen Layout

I can't seem to make up my mind how to layout my ~12.5 x 8 kitchen. Any suggestions?

My first instinct is an L along the 8'2" and 12'6" wall. Then maybe a (really) small table could go alongthe 4'8" wall (I have no dinning room). The catch with that is I would have to put in a smaller window as the existing one is too low. Even if this is the right idea, what's the best location for the sink, stove, fridge, etc? It doesn't matter that much where the plumbing goes. It's in the 8'2" wall right now but I can reroute it in the basement. The stove can be either electric or gas so an in cabinet stove is possble. A dishwasher would be nice but is not a must.

Ptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #2

Small Kitchen Layout

I am knee deep in my own small kitchen remodeling project, and even with a full idea in my head of the layout, there's still lots of configurations I can work with. The absolute biggest help for me when I started planning was going to Lowes' website and using their Virtual Designer. It proved invaluable when laying out the space I have available. After entering in the dimensions of the room, I could start adding the cabinets and appliances from their own selection, and see the room in 360 degrees.

Here's my kitchen before remodeling began:

And here's the early design of the kitchen I put together on the Lowes site:

Give it a try. It works great!

sbazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #3

Small Kitchen Layout

Oh, very nice! Thanks much for that.
Ptron is offline   Reply With Quote