Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #1

Share |

Shower Tile Layout

Well it's finally time to move on to tiling the shower. The wife is getting tired of sharing the kids bathroom. I am stuck on the layout for the side walls. The back wall works out good at under 60" using 19 3/4" long tile I need to cut 3/4" off the left side and right to get almost 3 full tiles across. The problem is the side walls, which from the back wall to the bullnose in the picture is 34 3/4". Would the way it is in the picture be visually appealing or is there another approach? It is currently not centered on the wall, but starts with a full tile in the corner. Another thought I had was to start with a full tile at the bull nose and end with the cuts in the corner opposite of what is pictured. I am just worried about how it would look with a 5" piece of tile next to the bull nose every other row. If I reverse it I could start with a full tile at the bull nose and the 5" would be in the corner, but I will lose the wrapped look because the back wall will be a 10" or so. I am thinking of scrapping the brick bond and just going with a stack bond which i would have a full tile and a 15" piece in the corner. None of these layouts center on the shower valve. To center the plumbing using a stack bond I could cut both tiles at 17"+/-. At this point the wife will go for anything. Anyone have preferance or what the trend is now a days?
Attached Thumbnails
Shower Tile Layout-image.jpg  

Rmundo is offline   Reply With Quote