Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-31-2009, 01:14 PM   #1

Share |

Sauna Shower/Bathtub

I am near closing on an older home, and I'm starting to plan for some remodels. One of the most intriguing ideas to me is putting in a sauna shower, as many can be found for relatively cheap in online stores.

I am a first-time home buyer with a lot of ambition for this house, so I want to do as much research as I can before I make final decisions.

After researching sauna showers, I have found no unbias reviews or actual customer comments. I am wondering if anyone owns or has owned a sauna shower in their home, and if there are any benefits or consequences that I should expect to experience. Thanks!

Jags3488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
DIY staff

Sauna Shower/Bathtub

Expect to spend a lot on the materials and door for your unit. A steam shower or sauna walls and ceiling should be covered with a water proof membrane before installing tile with firmset(not mastic).

Also the ceiling should have a slight slope towards the back wall-If left flat water will condense and cold water will drip on you.

Try this site for tiling info Shower Construction Info (a collection of posts) - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile--MIKE--

oh'mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
DIY staff

Sauna Shower/Bathtub

I've learned a lot there my self.
oh'mike is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, remodeling, sauna