Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-15-2013, 01:54 AM   #1

Share |

Repair acrylic shower base

We seem to have a defect in a new shower base. Found out when removing the plastic film there was a bubble or something and it came off with the plastic.

Of course it is all installed with tile.

So store is putting in a claim with the manufacturer and says they can try to repair it in place but if removal and replacement is required they do not cover the cost to fix tiles or drain.

Bahhh!

Anyone have any experience with repairing a quarter sized chunk of acrylic popping free? The pieces that fell out has been saved and fits nicely back in the hole. I am guessing the plan is to use an acrylic glue to put them back in then an acrylic crack repair paste on the edges with plenty of fine sanding and buffing. I hope the guy they send is experienced at this.
QueBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #2

This was fixed today.

Fixing scratches dings chips etc in acrylic and fibreglass is all this guy does everyday and has been doing it for many years.

The man they sent is an independent contractor working in my local area. Just have to say the work is fantastic. I cannot tell even when I put my head down where the chip was and shine a strong light on the spot where it was that it's anything but perfect.

I thought there would be some trace but there isn't. Like the damage never existed.
So if anyone is in the Edmonton, AB area and needs repair on acrylic or fibreglass call Glenn at Tryton-Tec (780-905-5808).
Old 04-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #3

Thanks for following up. Glad to hear the repair worked out for you!
Seattle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle2k View Post
Thanks for following up. Glad to hear the repair worked out for you!
I like it when others close out their discussion so I wanted to do the same.

I bought an acrylic repair kit on ebay in case this didn't work out. Just stoked about having someone who knows what they are doing.

We had a shower door installed recently and that has not been going so well. Sloppy workmanship and inexperience are the way to describe that one.

Nice to just have something done right.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #5

Thanks for posting QueBall, I'll try Tryton-Tec for the repair. Hopefully he is not as busy as others who are not even taking new jobs.
MisMue is offline   Reply With Quote