Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-19-2005, 06:31 AM   #1

Share |

Removing Intergrated Fridges

So they look great, but what do you do if it breaks down? We are trying to take the fridge out but don't know how. Does anyone have any tips?

Lisaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:52 PM   #2

Lisaw

If it has a remote condensing unit you would first have to have the system evacuated before dismantling. Is the compressor and condenser on top of the unit or in a remote locating ie outside or in the basement?

Old 05-06-2005, 07:20 AM   #3

it's a little fridge which seems to have a fan / ventilation unit at the base of the fridge inbedded in the skirting board. I'm just puzzeled as to where i start to detach the fridge from the unit. Do i unscrew the door and if so how? Will the unit just slide out or will it be hooked into the kitchen unit.

thanks for you time
Lisaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:45 AM   #4

Lisaw

Doesn't sound like it should be too bad for you. But the method can vary a lot the fridge may have been put in place before the surrounding cabinets as well. It may slide out and just made to look like the cabinets or it may be attached. (sometimes a strong wiggle test can help find out) Can you post a few photos of it and the unit around it. It may give me a better clue how it was put together so I could give you more better direction and hopefully not miss direct you.