Recessed Lighting In Kitchen. - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

recessed lighting in kitchen.

our ceiling fan just went out in the kitchen. the lights do not work but the fan does. we were looking at replacing the fan but the wife mentioned the idea of putting in recessed lighting. i redid my kitchen about 2 years ago. down to the studs, new ceiling, flooring, cabinets, countertops everything. problem is i don't know if i can re do the lighting to include recessed lights with out ripping down large portions of the walls/ceilings. the way the ceiling joists run i have to pull the wire to the exterior wall which is insulated and i would have to pull it to the basement. is there another way of doing this? or is this just not worth it?

Advertisement

lost_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,030

Can you crawl around in the attic to run the wires across the Rafer Bottom Chord, then fish it down an interior wall using fish tape?
https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q...C-WS6wGvioC4Bw

Advertisement

mae-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae-ling View Post
Can you crawl around in the attic

unfortunatly i have a 2 story house. i would be tearing up the floor of my bathroom
lost_punk is offline   Reply With Quote