Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-07-2014, 03:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 43

Range Hood Electrical

When planning on the electrical for the range hood I'm the kitchen, where should the electrical box be? (Usually) I'm planning for a wall mounted with chimney, not an under cabinet style. Are these usually hardwired, or plugin? Also, what circuit can this be on? Dedicated? I'm planning on having the microwave and the range itself on one circuit... It will be a gas range, so I only need the electrical for the ignition system... That should be ok alongside the microwave branch, correct?

I might as well ask this too... If I'm planning on all new electrical in the kitchen remodel... Should I wire (another dedicated branch) for an electric range incase I ever decide to switch from gas to electric?

Thank you!

altc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:44 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 554

Range Hood Electrical

Really need to decide on a specific make / model and follow the manufacturer's requirements. One's I've looked at are hardwired and usually connected to a junction box mounted at the top on the right hand side.