Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #1

Share |

Over grouted a mosaic in my shower

HELP! I think we left the grout on too long on a mosaic inset in our shower. The grout comes up a little high around the stones and they seem to diapear/ be a little too covered. Is there anything I can do? This happened a few hours ago and I've tried sponges, scratching pads, and a plastic scrub brush. I would like to see more of a releaf around the stones and to better see the beauty of the natural stone. ANything I can do?

Aly477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
DIY staff

I hope that you have already gotten that extra grout off---Scraping it off is the only thing I know of--

Might be Jazz or Bud know something---or someone else---

oh'mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #3

I think the stone on our mosaic is a tumbled marble. Is there any way to use some sort of sander or something to polish the stones? There isn't much on them they just look a little dirty like we didn't wipe the haze off quickly enough and it set. Any ideas?
Aly477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly477 View Post
I think the stone on our mosaic is a tumbled marble. Is there any way to use some sort of sander or something to polish the stones? There isn't much on them they just look a little dirty like we didn't wipe the haze off quickly enough and it set. Any ideas?
If you used a non sanded grout, it should come off with water and a nylon dobie at this point. If you used a sanded grout, by this time you probably need somthing a lot stronger.
It would really help if you could specify what tile you bought and installed and what grout you used.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote