DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Newbie looking for any help and info that I can get on adding this bathroom....

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  voiles 
#1 ·
Hello,

Im a new homeowner interested in exploring the possibilities for remodeling and renovation that I have in my finished basement. Currently there is a closet with double doors in the basement. This closet is 8ft wide x 4ft deep. Directly behind the closet is an empty storage room that is entered from outside. The storage room is 8ft 10inches x 8ft 10inches. I am looking to have the back wall in the closet knocked out which would go directly into the storage room. The room currently has some plumbing running into it, Im not really sure what the plumbing is but there are a couple of pipes in there currently and one that looks like a drain. Also, the laundry room runs parallel to the storage room giving direct access to water and electric. Ultimately since the closet it fairly large with double doors I'd be interested in keeping half of the closet as a closet and then having the other door leading into the half bath. I would remove the outside entrance to the storage room and seal it up. My other question is as far as cost and time would it be worth it to put a stall shower in also. The main bathroom upstairs is extremely outdated and we would love to redo that one at some point and putting a shower in the basement would give us that option since the bathroom would be un useable for a little while.
I know that its impossible to get an exact estimate based on this but what should I expect to spend if I decide to get this project done? Im just curious what kind of financial undertaking Im looking at.

The first picture is the closet from inside the basement.

The second picture is the back of the closet wall from inside the storage room.

The third picture is the pipes that I see currently running into the storage room.

The fifth picture is the ceiling in the laundry room, directly next to the storage room.

The sixth picture is the laundry room which is seperated by a wall from the storage room.

The last picture shows the outside entrance to the house and laundry room on the left and the outside entrance to the storage room to the right.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.