Need Help So I Can Order - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need help so I can order

I have attached a picture so you all can see what I am dealing with. The back wall where it is measured 25 inches is an outside wall. So I know I have to put drywall back up there, which I have taken the measurement minus the thickness of drywall. I am in a tri-level house so the plumbing comes from above. The part where you see I wrote coming out that is where the plumbing is now and is being moved. My problem is what base size should I get that will work. I know I might have to add to the wall on the left and the outside wall to make it thicker which is fine. I'm trying to find a base that will work. I do not want to tile, since that is what I took out. Any help and/or sites would be great. I was looking at getting a 34x42 shower, but dont know if that will work. Sorry about the lines not being perfect, I'm not great when it comes to drawing.
Attached Thumbnails
Need help so I can order-sam_1642.jpg  

Advertisement

southernmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #2

Need help so I can order

Forgot to add, the pipe is the only thing sticking out. The gray thing that was the drain is gone. The pipe is sticking up about an inch out of the cement. This is not an updated picture. The pipe is a 2 inch cast iron pipe, I did measure to the center of the pipe. Hope that helps.

Advertisement

southernmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:32 AM   #3

Need help so I can order

which (brand) shower base were you looking at getting? I'm not sure I follow you on the "coming out" part... is there a bottom plate there now?
fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

Need help so I can order

This requires a mud job. There is no base that will work unless you break up the floor and change the drain location.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,580

Need help so I can order

Quote:
This requires a mud job.
Yup. That's the only way without digging up the floor.
No big deal. Slope it with cement use a KERDI Drain. Get a plumber to help you rig the drain.