Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #1

Share |

modular granite countertops

Does anyone here have any experience with modular granite countertops? (25.5" x 25.5 tiles basically) I saw them on HGTV one day and i think it would be the perfect solution for my kitchen remodel. However, finding a company online that does this is a bit more difficult than i expected.

I have only found one webiste:

http://www.artisangranite.com/modula...system-pg1.htm

Does anyone have any experience dealing with Artisan Granite? I think they are in Rhode Island.

Or does anyone have any other companies/websites for these modular granite countertops? perhaps i'm just not searching for the right thing.

Thanks!

Jamie

jbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 AM   #2

I am not a big fan of DIY granite. Too many chances for problems. The cabinets MUST be dead nuts level or supports shimed to level. And joining sections can be tricky. Walls are nenevr straight so scribing is needed. I am a contractor but i leave them to the pro's.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #3

Hi Jamie---

What did you do with your countertops? I found Artisan Granite with their modular countertops system and was planning on using them. Did you? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Pauline
pauline222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #4

Hi Pauline,

I still haven't done anything with my countertops! I've been roughing it with plywood countertops for about a year and a half now, but by the end of this week, i should have that taken care of. I'm actually just going with stock laminate from one of the box stores. At this point, i just don't feel like putting out the money and effort for any type of granite. If you decide to go with the modular granite, post some pictures of your finished product for us! I just might change my mind in a few months or another year.
jbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #5

I certainly will post some pics. I saw what Just Bill said about keeping the cabinets level so the joints of the granite pieces match. My husband said we should be able to do that...so hopefully we will! Thanks for responding so quickly. I haven't sent in my sketch to Artisan Granite yet to get a quote, so I am not sure what we ultimately will do...based on cost. I don't know how much shipping is. They are in RI and we're in CA...so, we'll see. And again, will let you know what we do.
pauline222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #6

Yes granite counter tops will be perfect for the remodeling of your kitchen , there are lots of types of granite kitchen counter tops available in the market in different colors . And these are much better than ply wood counter tops .

aaliasmith is offline   Reply With Quote