Microwave Vent (New) - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Microwave Vent (New)

I have a new microwave and want to have the exaust vented to the outside of the house. Is it better to have the exhaust vented from through the wall and then through the brick or straight up through the cieling and have exhaust on the roof?

Advertisement

maxwerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Microwave Vent (New)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwerx View Post
I have a new microwave and want to have the exaust vented to the outside of the house. Is it better to have the exhaust vented from through the wall and then through the brick or straight up through the cieling and have exhaust on the roof?
I vent it through the back. It's the most direct route. You just need to deal with the brick. If you're not comfortable with that, go through the roof. Just make sure you can deal with the roof vent installation or it will leak.
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote