Master Bathroom Remodel, Question With Pictures! - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Master Bathroom Remodel, question with pictures!

Hello, I am currently remodeling the master bathroom in my duplex. The previous owners simply screwed drywall into drywall and tiled over that in the shower room. There wasn't enough ventilation so as you would suspect there was lots of mold and rot. I have gutted the majority of the bathroom. I am waiting to take down the mirror to remove the last bit from behind the vanity. There are a lot of support walls so I can't rearrange the walls that much unfortunately but I am willing to expand headers to accommodate design ideas. Here are the pictures, I will give some rough measurements of the rooms. Any suggestions would be nice. This is going to be a rental property so I am not looking for top of the end anything, simple designs, simple tile, etc.

1. I was going to close up this wall connecting the half bath and master bathroom on the first floor. I want to turn the room the bathtub is in, into a walk in shower. Dimensions of this bath tub room is 5'x5' roughly.

2. Other side of wall same perspective, a little notch for cabinets I tore out in the bathroom. Notch out in the wall is 1'deepx3'wide.

3. From the other side looking in, the mirror is where the master vanity was, small load bearing wall with the entrance into the bath tub/shower combo I want to turn into a walk in shower.

4. This is where you walk down a hallway and turn left to enter a small room for the toilet. That is where the sink sat for the master vanity. This toilet room is directly across from the door to the bath tub/shower room. It is small, maybe, 2.5'x4'.

5. A good shot showing the hallway leading to the vanity, and the piping in the wall by the tub.

6. Another shot, the vanity was also 5', so that mirror and wall space separating the toilet room and bath tub is 5'.

7. Last picture, small closet I would love to remove since there is another closet across from this one that is a walk in. I am not sure what to do with this closet though because there is a water heater behind it and a lot of load bearing walls surrounding it.

Okay it turns out I can't post links so I am going to come back in a few posts and edit with the pictures.

Edit #2: Picture hosting sucked, had to change it because you couldn't see anything.

Advertisement

Last edited by PolySuperman; 05-13-2014 at 10:18 PM.
PolySuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:35 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

No comments? Should I post this in another forum with more activity?

Advertisement

PolySuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
Old School

Rewards Points: 75

You certainly took on a major renovation. It looks good so far. Keep the post updated as you progress. Yes, I'm surprised too...over 130 views and you get this kind of response. It happens sometimes. Don't get disappointed.

cabinetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,576

No responses because...

You have only narrated your photos telling of what you want to do. The pictures are all basically the same and somewhat confusing. If you slow down maybe and take one area at a time it may be a little easier to understand what you want.

So...what kind of a response are you looking for?

Design?
How to?
Suggestions?
Recommendations?
What?
Old 06-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 514

Ruler drawn overhead layout would be more help. Note the dimensions, fixtures, doors and windows. Present plumbing and/or changes you plan.
Scan or photo and upload to this site.
Your photos are just a forest of lumber now.
carpdad is online now   Reply With Quote