Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
wilderstyle

Rewards Points: 75

Laminate Counter End Cap

Hey, can someone tell me what type of adhesive to use for adding the endcap piece of laminate to my laminate countertop? Any tips will be helpful. Thanks

wilderstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

Laminate Counter End Cap

Contact cement. Use a roller too.

AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #3
wilderstyle

Laminate Counter End Cap

Sooooo, how do I trim the edges? The kit has a straight piece for the bar, but the edges are not rounded like the bar. The other pieces are formed for my range slot and are shaped like a counter with backsplash. I think I can align the front edge and cut it at the back edge. How do I do those cuts?
wilderstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #4

Laminate Counter End Cap

3M brand Super 77 in a spray can should hould the end cap on there, just mask everything off where you don't want overspray, for less clean up. Once on, use a router with a flush cut bit. Clean up the edges and round it off slightly with a fine grit rasp, or file. Be carefule, laminate is easy to burn, when using the rasp, it's easy to go through the top layer and expose the white underneath, but you can use a colored permanent marker to touch it up.

A roller is certainly the easiest and most effective way, but you press it on good enough just with the palm of your hand, just becareful not to cut it on rough edges of laminate. You can pretty much use anything that'll give you leverage and slide across it easily without scratching it.

Last edited by Jeeper1970; 11-23-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Jeeper1970 is offline   Reply With Quote