Kohler Hydrorail And Delta Parts - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 14

Kohler hydrorail and Delta parts

I would like to replace a wall mounted shower head with a raincan and a handheld shower. I do not want to tear out the tiles and wall. I have a delta valve, so I am stuck with that.

I discovered Kohler hydrorail. Delta does not make an equivalent product.

But unless I use chrome I cannot match the Kohler hydrorail with delta shower head, raincan, handheld, and tub spout. The closest match is Kohler nickel and Delta stainless steel.

Anyone have any ideas on how to overcome this? Perhaps:

1. You know of another company that makes something like the hydrorail whose colors will match Delta?

2. Maybe you know of some other company that makes everything: Hydrorail, raincan, handheld, etc., that would fit on the Delta valve?

Your help would be much appreciated - this has been frustrating!! Thanks.

Advertisement

takingtoolong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Kohler hydrorail and Delta parts

Looking at the Kohler website, they say that you do not have to replace the existing trim plate or valve in order to install the hydro-rail. I'm a little confused. Is your problem that you want/need to match finishes exactly with the existing trim plate?? Also, replacing a trim plate doesn't necessary mean you have to also replace the valve. If it is not possible to replace the Delta plate with a Kohler plate (perhaps because of the screw hole pattern on the valve) there are a lot of companies online that sell what I call "knock-off" trim plates that can accommodate your screw hole pattern and they usually offer them a variety of different finishes. Recently, I installed a new brushed nickel shower head. The old one was chrome and so was the old trim plate. Since I had to keep my existing valve...and because Moen did not offer a brushed nickel trim plate to fit my existing valve, I went online and found a company toolboxsupply.com that offered a Moen-looking plate in brushed nickel that fit my valve perfectly.

Advertisement

DIYRemodeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kohler hydrorail