Kitchen Switch Positions - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-18-2015, 08:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 722

kitchen switch positions

I'm in the process of remodeling the kitchen after a complete gut job. The rewiring is almost done and then I'll be ready to hang the new drywall and then cabinets.

There is a 4-gang wall box just to the right of the sink and I'm not certain about where each switch should be positioned in that box. There are switches for:

A) pot light above the sink.
B) the rest of the pot lights in the kitchen
C) 3-way switch for the ceiling fan/light combo in the middle of the kitchen ceiling. (Other switch is near the front door as you enter the kitchen.)
D) garbage disposal

This is a galley-type kitchen without a lot of counter space and there really aren't a lot of good options for placement of the switches. So the electrician and I decided to put them all together in one box.

From left to right, how would you position the switches into that 4-gang box to the right of the sink?

1)
2)
3)
4)

Other feedback and suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Advertisement

ZZZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,386

kitchen switch positions

1---disposal
2---sink light
3---other pot lights
4--- ceiling fan.

Why, disposal needs to be closest to be activated/deactivated quickest, sink light needs to be closer than the others, ceiling fan is the least important while doing dishes or working at the sink.

ED

Advertisement

de-nagorg is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to de-nagorg For This Useful Post:
ZZZZZ (01-18-2015)