Kitchen Sink Model Number???? - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
Rewards Points: 12

Kitchen Sink Model Number????

My wife and I are doing a small kitchen remodel/update and are planning to go through Menards to order a new kitchen countertop. We have talked to a sales associate once and gave them the rough dimensions. The sales associate told me that when we come back in to actually place the order, I can give them the sink make and model which they plug into their system to make sure the whole is cut out correctly.

We haven't taken the old countertop off yet and I am done some minimal looking on the underside of the sink but I don't see anything. Can someone tell me where I would find a make/model for a sink so I can get the right hole cut in my countertop? Or what am I suppose to do if I can't find one?

Thanks for any and all help!


schmaltzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
fabrk8r's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 849
Rewards Points: 500

I think the associate just assumed you were going to use a new sink with your new countertop, in which case the make and model would be on the box. I doubt if you will be lucky enough to find that information under your existing sink.
If you are lucky enough to find the make of your existing sink you may be able to contact the manufacturer for the cut-out specs. Otherwise you can make a template using the dimensions of your existing cut-out.


"The physician can bury his mistakes, but the architect can only advise his clients to plant vines." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
fabrk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
Ironlight's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 701
Rewards Points: 500

Most sink designs don't change that much. Find the maker (the logo should be on the back of the sink bowl, near the top) and measure the bowl width, depth, and height and then go online and look for the model that matches.

The counter company will also come to laser measure your kitchen. At that point they can see your sink and I would think they have experience in retrofiting existing sinks into new counters.
Ironlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,188
Rewards Points: 5,336

Measure the sink you have and take a picture if the fabricator isn't coming to the house. Give him the info. If he can't figure it out, get another fabricator.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kitchen sink centered on cabinet? sillyboy22 Plumbing 3 03-02-2010 09:16 PM
Need help re-routing kitchen sink vent Fingers Plumbing 11 10-23-2009 03:17 PM
Help moving kitchen sink pflaxman Plumbing 2 09-22-2009 12:19 AM
How difficult to remove a kitchen sink? Ultrarunner2017 Plumbing 6 11-14-2008 03:28 PM
Kitchen sink jonnyjonny_uk Plumbing 6 11-20-2006 06:43 AM

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1