Kitchen Renovation... Few Suggestions? - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Kitchen Renovation... Few Suggestions?

I have been in process of doing a kitchen renovation, I have painted the existing cabinets. Updated them with handles and hinges. Granite tile countertop next. I am in the process of finding a spot for my fridge, I had a family friend come by to look at the progress so far and they suggested sinking it back into the wall and frame in cabinet into backroom and have the fridge flush with the wall. I have pictures to go with and just a few ideas would be great to go about doing this? Im familiar with structure framing but Im stuck on this.

I want to find a way to frame up support over stairway to sink fridge into wall. I havea few people I know that are engineers and I will be taking the idea to them when I have one but got no clue how I wanna do this yet..

Thanks for help guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen Renovation... Few Suggestions?-100_1213.jpg   Kitchen Renovation... Few Suggestions?-100_1215.jpg   Kitchen Renovation... Few Suggestions?-100_1216.jpg  

Advertisement

Shawnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
Framing Contractor

Rewards Points: 512

You should be able to extent the floor out about 2 feet or so. You will have to check and make sure this still allows adequate headroom at the stairs below. Minimum required headroom is 80". After you have the floor, you just need to enclose it with walls, and then build a header into the existing wall where the shelf is. There may already be a header there that is suitable.

Advertisement

sixeightten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:30 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,010

That supply register and trunk may be a problem....whoops, looks like its in the joist area, never-mind.

Gary
Old 05-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 25

if I tie into wall stud in the stairway and make something up from edge stairway.. would that create adequete structure for fridge weight?
Shawnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 36

I not sure you are going to have head clearence for that. Is it an option to only partially recess the refrigerator?
Jim F is offline   Reply With Quote