DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Kitchen remodel ideas/design needed, with PICs

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  amdspitfire 
#1 ·
From family room facing kitchen:

From nook facing kitchen:

Step forward from above:

It's time to redo the kitchen, I've put it off for too long. Reface is not an option as there are a few issues with the current layout, primarily being the fridge cutout is way too small!

Couple questions that I had:
1. Wet bar, keep it or lose it?
2. The island is my biggest issue, it's tight between it and the sink and the pass way with the wall is narrow. Any other shape or position of the island that you would think makes sense?
3. Any other recommendations for the space? Modernization and functionality are my main focus.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
First, have you realistically considered your budget?
Don't waste time figuring new layouts, moving major appliances etc., if your budget is going to limit you.

Wet bar? If you don't use it, lose it.

The island: It does look too close. If moving the cook top somewhere else is a possibility, you might consider something mobile. Of course, that would affect the flooring.

Your pics are great, but a drawing of the floor plan with measurements may be more helpful for planning purposes.

#3 ·
First, have you realistically considered your budget?
Don't waste time figuring new layouts, moving major appliances etc., if your budget is going to limit you.

Wet bar? If you don't use it, lose it.

The island: It does look too close. If moving the cook top somewhere else is a possibility, you might consider something mobile. Of course, that would affect the flooring.

Your pics are great, but a drawing of the floor plan with measurements may be more helpful for planning purposes.
I am aware of the budget needed and the majority of work will be done by myself. I have done this kind of work over and over again everywhere but my own house.

I like the island a lot, it's both helpful when working in the kitchen, provides a lot of open countertop room and a focal point to hang out with guests.

My newest issue is the fact that I will have to redo the floors and I probably couldn't get them matched.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.