Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #1

Share |

Kitchen dilemma

Purchased a home with a pretty small kitchen area. Trying to put a dishwasher into the kitchen.
Cant go directly next to the sink as there will be no room to stand by the sink with the dishwasher door open.
I do have a 12" cabinet already purchased and that will have to go directly next to the sink.
I think there is enough space to put the dishwasher directly next to the stove. Is this an option?
What would support the end of the countertop that butts against the stove? Please help

gnosti83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #2

Kitchen dilemma

Here are some more measurements.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #3

Kitchen dilemma

glad my message got moved to the section that nobody ever reads
Old 04-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #4

Kitchen dilemma

Gn,
Don't fret, I read post everyday by clicking on 'today's posts' under quick links. That way I get all the new posts and any updates on other posts. I don't even look at the categories till I read a post.
Anyway, what if you took and rearranged your upper cabinets so if you started from the left end of your picture they would go like this:
24" - 30" shorty above the range - 12"- 36".
Then underneath for your base cabinets, they would go again from the left side:
24" - range - 12" - Dishwasher - 12"

That way you would have a cabinet on both sides of the dishwasher, the d/w wouldn't be right next to the stove, and you would have some space between your angles sink base and the d/w. I didn't look close enough to see if you would need to move any electrical, but that wouldn't be that difficult if needed. Looks like you might need to purchase the 24" base also.
Mike Hawkins
firehawkmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #5

Kitchen dilemma

wow great idea, didnt even think of that. What im probably going to end up doing is leave the 36 on the bottom left and prolly put a shelf end to cover up the top. That way ill only need to get an additional 12" base + shelf. Now if i can only figure out how to make my uneven ceiling look better with the cabinets that go all the way up and touch.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #6

Kitchen dilemma

Gn,
You have full overlay doors on your cabinets. If you don't mind taking them down, you could add a piece of wood on top of the cabinet to allow you to put a small crown molding on. You have to have the wood filler follow the front edge of the cabinets and any exposed sides. Select your crown mold first so you know how much space you need for it. Lower your cabinets on the reinstall to allow for the crown molding and add as much runout you find on the ceiling. In other words, if your crown needs 1 1/4" of vertical space, and your ceiing runs out 1/2", lower your cabinets 1 3/4" and install the crown so it is snug to the ceiling. The filler wood needs to be stained to match the cabinets. The little bit of runout will be between the top of the doors and the bottom of the crown, which won't hardly show once done.
Mike Hawkins

firehawkmph is offline   Reply With Quote