Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Kitchen Cabinet Layout?

Just wanting to get your all's opinion on how this layout looks. I decided to go with the bar because it is a small house in a college town. Possibly going to rent it out in the future, and since it is a small house, I don't think it will be geared towards a family with two or more kids. Plus, I feel I left enough room in the corner for a small table.

The bar will overhang the counter around the stove by a couple of inches, didn't really know how to show that. I know that 9" around the stove may seem small, but there is a lot of countertop space right behind it around the sink.

Any opinions are welcome, as this may not even be the final drawing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Base Cabinets.pdf (30.3 KB, 138 views)
File Type: pdf Wall Cabinets.pdf (25.1 KB, 85 views)

ws450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Old School

Rewards Points: 0

Kitchen Cabinet Layout?

Layout looks OK. What would help for forum viewing is to do a floor plan, showing the walls and where they start and stop. Draw the base cabinets and the uppers on the same drawing. Use a dotted line for the uppers.

In the center of the room show directional views for each elevation, i.e. A,B,C,D, etc. If you draw each wall as you look at it straight on, it will include the upper, base, and the run for the countertop. Since we view drawings on the screen, doing the lettering and dimensions readable so they don't have to be read upside down.

Just suggesting some pointers to facilitate a better understanding of how it all fits together. HTH

cabinetman is offline   Reply With Quote