DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Kitchen & Bath Remodeling (
-   -   Kitchen cabinet / hinges question (

mungbeans 01-25-2011 12:57 PM

Kitchen cabinet / hinges question

I've installed a set of kitchen cabinets which are mounted using Blum concealed hinges which require that a deep sunken 35mm diameter hole be drilled into the cabinet in which the hinge is placed.

However one of the cabinets didn't have the holes pre-drilled.

Are there other types of hinges that don't require the 35mm hole drilled? (An ordinary hinge won't work as when the cabinet door is opened it'll have no space to rotate due to the door next to it, its a frameless cabinet)

I've been to Home Depot looking for 35mm forstner drill bits and they didn't have any, but if they did I only have a hand drill which probably would just result in the bit jumping around.


firehawkmph 01-25-2011 08:58 PM

Try Rocklers or Woodcraft. You can go online if you don't have a store near you. They sell small jigs for drilling the 35 mm holes with a hand drill. Not too pricey. Basically a mini drill guide setup.
Mike Hawkins:)

Ron6519 01-25-2011 10:47 PM

You can use a 1 3/8" forstner bit.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1