Kitchen And Bath Cabinet Source? - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
tmpyankee

Rewards Points: 25

Kitchen and bath cabinet source?

Hello. I'm looking for some good sources for kitchen and bath cabinets. Mostly, I need them for rental houses. I'm not looking for the cheapest thing I can get away with--not a slumlord--I like solid cabinetry (plywood sides, etc.). I'd rather not have to assemble it.

From time to time, I do flip nicer homes. Therefore, I need a higher-grade cabinet. But I just am not going to pay the crazy prices for the cabinets you order at the box stores. It's just nuts.

Any suggestions? I've heard Atlanta has a number of kitchen cabinet manufacturers. If they'll direct-ship to me, that'd be great.

If something doesn't give soon, I'm going to learn how to build them myself.

Thanks!!!!

Advertisement

tmpyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Remodeling Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,000

Box stores are pricey? These are about as cheap as you get. Build your own... materials are about twice the cost of the box stores... (I build custom cabinets) What price range for an average cabinet are you looking for?

Advertisement

Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
tmpyankee

Rewards Points: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mariani View Post
Box stores are pricey? These are about as cheap as you get. Build your own... materials are about twice the cost of the box stores... (I build custom cabinets) What price range for an average cabinet are you looking for?

The cabinets they sell right off the floor are a good price for the rental properties I rehab (I guess they average about $135 per cabinet or maybe a little less). But the quality is severely lacking. I do not like to use any particle board--especially in my rentals--because it's just garbage (especially in a bathroom).

I'd like the off-the-floor pricing (or less!), but with full-wood (plywood sides) construction.

I wouldn't mind making my own; however, I've never done it before and don't know where to start. Is it easy?
tmpyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
K&B Remodeler/Tile Guy

Rewards Points: 500

Look online for various cabinet manufacturers and then see if they have a supplier near you. If you are doing rentals or flips and throw them a few orders a year, they'll most likely give you a discount. Perhaps even check a few lumber yards in your area.
I can tell you through my supplier, I can beat any price from the big box stores, have better quality/more options and I still make my markup.
It's all about the supplier. Right now is a good time to find one as the construction industry is mostly in the toilet. They'd be thrilled to get any new customers.