DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Just want to know how to do it right.

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bud Cline 
#1 ·
nd I was amazed at the way he kept it from flowing over the edges. I need to know how to mix it and keep bubbles out and keep it from running over the edge.

#3 ·
From your other post: "My new project is trying to learn how to pour resin on a bathroom counter top. I have done mosaic in sink and want to lay sand and shells on counter and pour resin on to finish. I saw my neighbor do that on a table and I know it looks good, but I also know it takes a solution from 2 parts of stuff and there can be bubbles. How do I do this? "

It would seem half of your post got eaten by forum gremlins.
I hope this helps.

DM

#4 ·
Ill bet that some of our members have used the two part clear resins----Also You Tube must have something---just be careful there----many videos are not the best methods so use common sense.--Mike---

#5 ·
You can't keep it from running over the edge unless you have provided something for the purpose. Those products are intended to run over an edge.

The air bubbles come from two sources. Usually the mixing process. But sometimes the substrate being covered will have the ability to off-gas and create bubbles as the liquid traps the air beow.

The way to get the bubbles out is to use heat from a torch to draw them to the surface where they will simply pop when they arrive. Don't scortch the chemical.:) And don't wait too long to draw out the bubbles.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.