Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Interior cedar walls

I'm getting ready to start a bathroom remodel on my new to me house. Currently it's quite 70's with nasty tile everywhere, all of which is coming off, along with the majority of the walls I asume. I'm planning on taking it to studs, replacing tub/vanity/ etc and tiling the floor and tub area. I want to do the walls in a tongue and groove cedar, most likely horizontally. Question is, can I just attach them to the studs directly or would it be better to do greenboard first, then cedar on top? Does it matter? I'll obviosly be putting in new insulation on the one exterior wall, but didn't know if having just the wood would be enough strength or noise barrier for other walls. Any help would be great. thanks.

Terry

phishfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Interior cedar walls

I have done the cedar walls of a bathroom and the walls were drywalled and taped before the cedar went on.
For sound-proofing and fire protection as much as anything else.

jlhaslip is offline   Reply With Quote