Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #1

Share |

iNSTALLING vANITY CABINETS

My piping coming up from the floor how do install cabinets

dlawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
old guy contractor

Measure and cut holes in the new vanity base for the pipes to come up through.
Remove the old vanity and install the new one by dropping the cabinet down over the pipes.............

tcleve4911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcleve4911 View Post
Measure and cut holes in the new vanity base for the pipes to come up through.
Remove the old vanity and install the new one by dropping the cabinet down over the pipes.............
Main sink pip has a elbow turn. The whole will be very large.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
old guy contractor

You have to shut off the water and cut all supply and waste pipes so they are just straight pieces of pipe sticking up out of the floor.
After the new vanity is installed, redo the waste trap and reinstall the shutoffs back onto the pipes.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcleve4911 View Post
You have to shut off the water and cut all supply and waste pipes so they are just straight pieces of pipe sticking up out of the floor.
After the new vanity is installed, redo the waste trap and reinstall the shutoffs back onto the pipes.
There is an existing built in cabinet in a cut out space. I was thinking of using the old cabinet floor as a base and cutting the new cabinet floor and pushing new floor /cabinet over the existing. Would this be easier?
Old 03-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlawman View Post
There is an existing built in cabinet in a cut out space. I was thinking of using the old cabinet floor as a base and cutting the new cabinet floor and pushing new floor /cabinet over the existing. Would this be easier?
I can't follow this. Why not post a picture.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #7
old guy contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlawman View Post
"easier" depends on your skill level and what you want the finished product to look like.

The "old cabinet floor" is built between the two sides and back of the cabinet.
To be able to leave the "floor" means you have to cut the sides and back of the cabinet while it's in place.
Then you have to cut the lower sides and the back of the new cabinet to remove the toe kick.
You'll still have to lift the new cab over the piping unless you're removing the new back and just using the sides and front

I think I understand.....
I've just never seen it done this way.

Store bought cabinets have no structural integrity once you start removing backs and bottoms.
So you'll be relying on your ability install the bastardized cabinet so the doors are aligned and operate properly.
And you have to be skilled enough on your install to assure that this mish-mash will be able to support your new granite countertop.
I just threw that in to be funny....I hope.....