DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Kitchen & Bath Remodeling (http://www.diychatroom.com/f80/)
-   -   iNSTALLING vANITY CABINETS (http://www.diychatroom.com/f80/installing-vanity-cabinets-99696/)

dlawman 03-26-2011 10:26 PM

iNSTALLING vANITY CABINETS
 
My piping coming up from the floor how do install cabinets

tcleve4911 03-26-2011 10:28 PM

Measure and cut holes in the new vanity base for the pipes to come up through.
Remove the old vanity and install the new one by dropping the cabinet down over the pipes.............

dlawman 03-26-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcleve4911 (Post 617645)
Measure and cut holes in the new vanity base for the pipes to come up through.
Remove the old vanity and install the new one by dropping the cabinet down over the pipes.............

Main sink pip has a elbow turn. The whole will be very large.

tcleve4911 03-26-2011 10:36 PM

You have to shut off the water and cut all supply and waste pipes so they are just straight pieces of pipe sticking up out of the floor.
After the new vanity is installed, redo the waste trap and reinstall the shutoffs back onto the pipes.

dlawman 03-26-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcleve4911 (Post 617655)
You have to shut off the water and cut all supply and waste pipes so they are just straight pieces of pipe sticking up out of the floor.
After the new vanity is installed, redo the waste trap and reinstall the shutoffs back onto the pipes.

There is an existing built in cabinet in a cut out space. I was thinking of using the old cabinet floor as a base and cutting the new cabinet floor and pushing new floor /cabinet over the existing. Would this be easier?

Ron6519 03-27-2011 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlawman (Post 617667)
There is an existing built in cabinet in a cut out space. I was thinking of using the old cabinet floor as a base and cutting the new cabinet floor and pushing new floor /cabinet over the existing. Would this be easier?

I can't follow this. Why not post a picture.
Ron

tcleve4911 03-27-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlawman (Post 617667)
There is an existing built in cabinet in a cut out space. I was thinking of using the old cabinet floor as a base and cutting the new cabinet floor and pushing new floor /cabinet over the existing. Would this be easier?

"easier" depends on your skill level and what you want the finished product to look like.

The "old cabinet floor" is built between the two sides and back of the cabinet.
To be able to leave the "floor" means you have to cut the sides and back of the cabinet while it's in place.
Then you have to cut the lower sides and the back of the new cabinet to remove the toe kick.
You'll still have to lift the new cab over the piping unless you're removing the new back and just using the sides and front

I think I understand.....
I've just never seen it done this way.

Store bought cabinets have no structural integrity once you start removing backs and bottoms.
So you'll be relying on your ability install the bastardized cabinet so the doors are aligned and operate properly.
And you have to be skilled enough on your install to assure that this mish-mash will be able to support your new granite countertop.:jester:
I just threw that in to be funny....I hope.....:whistling2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved