Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

installing used kitchen cabinets

Im in the process of remodeling a small kitchen. Im on a budget that the landlord(mom-in-law) is giving us for the job. Ive found a set of nice used cabinets for a good price. The issue is the upper cabinets are 42" and i can only fit 32" cabinets. Is there any ways i can have the cabinets cut down to 32" i was considering using a table saw a chop off 10" and glue them back together. I know this is probably lame but i rather have these cabinets than cheap HD compressed pine cabinets. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

xcuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,002

installing used kitchen cabinets

XC,
If you have 8' tall ceilings, you could tear out the soffit and mount your 42" cabinets. I wouldn't recommend cutting them down and trying to piece them back together. You would be better off keeping an eye out for another set of used cabinets that would fit. Normal wall cabinet height for use with a 12" soffit is 30".
Mike Hawkins

firehawkmph is offline   Reply With Quote