DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Installing New Bath Vanity

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bud Cline 
#1 ·
Hi. I am in the process of starting a bathroom remodel with my husband. We are beginning the preliminary research first. I would like to replace my downstairs and upstairs vanity. I have measured the old vanity in both places. The upstairs is 69" (double sink) and the downstairs is 39". They are completed flush with the wall on all sides.

I have seen several styles that I like at Home Depot, Lowes, and other places online. My problem is that these are not standard sizes. The sizes I see primarily sold are 30", 36", 60".

My question is whether it would be okay to install a 36" vanity in the 39" space and a 60" vanity in the 69" space. I am mostly worried that the plumbing will not fit in the same spot for the double sink vanity since it would be shorter.

Does anyone have any suggestions that can get me through this hurdle?

#2 ·
Don't necessarily expect the plumbing to to fit-up as it was. The change is still easily do-able.

The dimensions you are working with (39" & 69") are somewhat odd but also do'able. Generally when a standard size cabinet (off the shelf) is used in a larger opening than the cabinet, a "filler strip" is used to close the gap. You may have to buy a seperate filler and somehow work out the necessary staining and/or painting.

Check to see if your existing cabinets use filler strips.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.