Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

installing ge profile convection oven

I purchased the convection oven. I currently have a 30" wide x 12" tall cabinet overtop of my range hood which is vented to the outside.

I'm planning on having to remove the vent and the upper cabinet to make sure I have a clearance of 18" over my gas cooktop (to be installed) The convection oven "frame" should be able to hold 120 lbs of weight.

I know I need to have the 120v wire to plug the convection oven into which I think (?) the blower is wired for.

The "granite" people have recommended someone but I'm skeptical about his qualifications. Home Depot (where I purchased the gas cooktop and convection oven has been useless).

Who can install the framing properly to make sure it doesn't come down on my new granite countertop?

Help!

momof2labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

installing ge profile convection oven

This is an elementry framing problem to install blocking for the microwave. The issue that needs to be addressed is that these microwaves are bolted to the cabinet above the unit. You will need to install a structure above the microwave to hold the unit in place.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
framing, install convection oven