Installing Duk Liners - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Installing Duk Liners

I'm installing Duk Liners in my new shower (open studs). The image below shows how Curtis recommends installing them, which looks pretty simple, but I have concerns. If the grout seams leak, I will have moisture behind the durock.

The instructions don't mention it, but should I put some sort of silicone or sealant between the durock and the Duk Liner flange? If not, how can moisture not leak through the grout over time? Any other pointers?

Thanks!

Installing Duk Liners-duk-liner-instalation.jpg

Advertisement

rightit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 528

Installing Duk Liners

Somebody will be along to tell you the right brand, but you need waterproofing over the durock.

Advertisement

framer52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

Installing Duk Liners

Quote:
Originally Posted by framer52 View Post
Somebody will be along to tell you the right brand, but you need waterproofing over the durock.
Good thought. Actually, I'll be using redgard, but I'm not sure how to apply it at the Duk Liner/Durock seams. Truth is, I should probably have just thrown this one at the guy doing my tile. Thanks.
rightit is offline   Reply With Quote