Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #1

Share |

Ideas for shower odd wall

I need ideas for the third wall of my tub / shower combo unit. It's 75" high, leaving almost 2 feet to the ceiling, and 32.5 inches wide. On the shower side, half of it is tiled. Tub height is 15 inches, with 36.5 inches of tile above that.

To the left, reflecting into this wall, is a window to the outdoors. I was thinking about replacing this wall with glass block, either entirely or in part, for natural light. But as I'm not planning on buying one of those shower enclosures, I'd like some storage. There is approximately 46" between this wall and the exterior wall; I am undecided what to do with that space as well, although I'm leaning toward a small bench and linen closet.
Attached Thumbnails
Ideas for shower odd wall-shower-enclosure-1.jpg   Ideas for shower odd wall-side-view-shower-enclosure.jpg   Ideas for shower odd wall-where-enclosure-meets-tub.jpg  

enigmaingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Tileguy

Bud Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:50 AM   #3
DIY staff

Could you try rephrasing the question?
Old 08-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh'mike View Post
Could you try rephrasing the question?
Certainly! I'm looking for ideas for a standard tub / shower combo end wall. My tub / shower is in the bathroom corner against two room walls and this end wall (pictured) at the foot. This end wall is 75" tall and 32.5" wide. The room ceiling is 8'. I'm thinking of something like this picture. Where the toilet is in the picture, I have empty space of roughly the same dimension, with an exterior window facing the shower area.
Attached Images

enigmaingr is offline   Reply With Quote