I'd like your advice & opinions, please!
I'm going to gut & remodel our basement bathroom soon. As you can see, it's current condition leaves a bit to be desired.
It is roughly 4'x8'. Standard fixtures, including the ultra-sexy 32"x32" Gerber shower.
- My plan is to insulate & drywall the exterior wall, and install glass block where the window currently is, in order to let in light.
- I'll probably lay porcelain tile diagonally on the floor.
- I may install radiant floor heating.
- I'll probably use complimentary porcelain or ceramic tile on the walls, up to 4'.
- Most likely I'll use the same toilet (it's near new) and maybe even the same sink. Definitely staying with white.
I have several questions for y'all
1. I'd like to build my own shower & tile it (I've done this before in a rental, so I know how). It'd be easier and cheaper than what my wife wants to do - which is to install a fiberglass shower unit in there. Which way would you go?
(Don't wuss out because my wife wants the fiberglass unit!)
2. What else would you all suggest regarding amenities, design & decor, etc.? Please throw your ideas my way!
Thanks everyone! Pictures of the current bathroom are below.