House With No Foundation - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

house with no foundation

The bathroom on the old 1905 placed on dirt instead of a foundation house, has the floor sills rotted. You can't jack anything up because there is no support to jack. Is there anything that can be done ? Build a second wall fastened to the first ?!?! It is not worth putting a lot of money into because of the overall condition. Especially after a water pipe under the house rusted through and caused the entire house to shift in opposite directions. As this is an old mining town, a lot of houses were just built on dirt.

Advertisement

durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

house with no foundation

"Things" can certainly be done. But we'd need photos and details. Can you use the rafters? You can lay boards down and jack to the roof rafters, add straps if needed so the wall lifts too... Then put down PT sill and attach to (repaired) wall studs.

DM

Advertisement