Hickory Cabinets And Granite - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

hickory cabinets and granite

We have new hickory praline stained cabinets and I am trying to decide on the right granite color and tile floor. Help!

Advertisement

7888deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,002

Do you really expect or want us to pick your colors for you via the web? Realistically, take a sample from your cabinets (drawer works good) and go to a legit tile store, not a big box store, where they have people that are trained to help coordinate items. The local tile shop I deal with has a showroom where the ladies that work there all have an interior decorator background. Ditto on the granite shop. A good shop will have a salesperson take you around and recommend slabs that will go good with your other selections.
Mike Hawkins

Advertisement

firehawkmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7888deb View Post
We have new hickory praline stained cabinets and I am trying to decide on the right granite color and tile floor. Help!
This is something you need to do yourself.
Get a sample of the cabinet wood and bring it with you to the granite yard and the tile store. As you pick out the next item, say granite, they will give you a sample to take with you to the tile places.
I'd pick the granite and then the tile.
I went to at least 20 granite yards before I(We) finally picked the stone.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Keep an open mind too. Hickory is such a great looking wood with a lot of depth to it. Perhaps something other than granite is worth considering for countertops. Don't get me wrong, I like stone tops and granite especially but I am sort of getting tired of seeing it everywhere.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsester View Post
Keep an open mind too. Hickory is such a great looking wood with a lot of depth to it. Perhaps something other than granite is worth considering for countertops. Don't get me wrong, I like stone tops and granite especially but I am sort of getting tired of seeing it everywhere.
But this isn't about you, is it? It's about Debbie and what she wants.
I don't understand the observation myself. I've seen some boring granite tops, but the catagory itself is spectacular and diverse.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Absolutely it is about what the OP wants. I am just suggesting there may be alternatives not yet explored worth considering too at this stage and that granite is not the only game in town. If it is the choice I am sure the kitchen, with hickory cabinets, will be spectacular. And if there is time to search out a piece of unique stone it will be extraordinary.

Advertisement

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote