Hello: Need Bathroom Remodeling Help - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Hello: Need Bathroom Remodeling Help

Joined because I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel and I'm having trouble getting some clear answers. I've already completed tiling the floor, new vanities and toilet. I am now onto the tub area. The tiles and walls are removed and down to the studs. I'm at a stand still now because I'm so confused as what to do. Some say use a moisture barrier, some say don't. I live in Fl and one wall is an exterior with concrete block with 1x2 furring strips. Can anyone advise as to what I should do? Should I use some type of thin foil insulation on that wall like Reflectix. If so, would would I still use roofing felt or plastic in addition. I've heard it's not advisable to use 2 barriers..... any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement

jevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10
Wink

Hello: Need Bathroom Remodeling Help

If you wanted to keep the bathroom temp more stable and keep the shower walls from feeling cold from the concrete wall, I would suggest some light insulation between the strips. Always use moisture barrier on exterior walls.

Advertisement

ryecandy is offline   Reply With Quote