Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

Granite Tile Puzzle

So we all know that putting the granite tiles together is like a puzzle. What do you think of mine so far?

Does it look natural? I will keep a 1/8" grout based on what I read from Bud the tile guy here but I would like the lines to look like they are from a slab that has been cut.

It is an L shaped counter-top with one inside corner. The longest run is just under 12 feet that will have a drop in sink.

I have also attached a color palette. I get my ideas from Sarah Richardson (Sarah's House) from HGTV. She picks her color palette from fabric. I really like her style.

We changed the backsplash to reduce the tan/brown mix. The spots in the granite are a wine/burgundy color.

The granite is known as Santa Cecilia (or St. Cecilia).
Attached Thumbnails
Granite Tile Puzzle-kitchen-counter.jpg   Granite Tile Puzzle-kitchen-palette.jpg   Granite Tile Puzzle-kitchen-backsplash.jpg  

shadytrake is offline   Reply With Quote