Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 10

Glass cabinet door repair

I have lovely glass doors in my upper kitchen cabinets. They are held in place by clear plastic 'buttons' with l-shaped prongs (6 per glass door). Problem is: more than have of the prongs have broken off and there is nothing holding the glass. My husband shut one door this morning; the glass fell out and broke. We went to Lowes and Home Depot. I've looked all over the net. I need to know the name of the clear plastic 'buttons' with the l shaped prong and also need to know where I can buy some.
Please help!

imported_diymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:59 PM   #2
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 488
Rewards Points: 250

Glass cabinet door repair

Not ringing a belll I don't recall seing this type retention device in cabinet doors. Some cabinet makers put labels or stickers on the inside of the cabinets. If you can find the cabinet makers name maybe you could get a recommendation from them were to get replacement retainers. I would also suggest maybe posting a photo. Maybe some of the others in the forum are more fimalir with this type of harware.

MgMopar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.