Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #1

Share |

finishing on top of unknown bathroom wall material

I removed a big mirror in my bathroom and uncovered this unknown bathroom wall material (photo attached). I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I know it has a glossy finish. Anyhoo, how can I cover or refinish this and have it look decent? I'm hoping to put a framed mirror over the sink and maybe a cabinet to the left of it.
Attached Images

anuvanoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #2

Looks maybe like some sort of panelling that has been painted over, maybe just even hardboard.
mae-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #3

yup, found out it's panel board or some FRP stuff. Anyhoo, I want to put in a smaller mirror (42" W x 30" H) and a custom narrow cabinet or shelving unit (22" W x ~30" H x 8" D) to the left of it. This would essentially occupy that whole space (which is 74" W x 30" H). I think I can handle custom making my cabinet/shelving unit and mirror frame and holder, but I don't know much about mounting them properly. How do I mount these items on this wall securely?
anuvanoob is offline   Reply With Quote