Extending Tap Pipes And Sink Waste Pipe - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-17-2005, 08:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Extending tap pipes and sink waste pipe

Hi,
I am in the process of installing a new vanity sink unit - which is higher than the one we currently have. I have removed the sink and put the new cupboard in place but as it is higher I need to extend the plastic pipe to the plug hole and the copper pipes to the taps. Is there an easy way to do this - an you buy copper/plastic to cut and adapters to connect the pipes easily?

Many thanks

Advertisement

RichieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:37 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Hi,
the easy bit is the taps as you cam buy a flexible tap connector from B&Q or plumbing merchants for about £10 each.

If you are happy with doing pipework then its much cheaper to use push-fit fittings to to extend the pipes and you can look at all these fittings on the shelf at B&Q and have a little play to see if they'll do what you want.

The waste pipe should be easy, you've probably got either a bottle trap (looks like a plastic drinking bottle) or a 'P' trap (looks like a letter P vaguely).

You can either extend the plastic pipe upwards to the trap or undo the trap from the sink and extend it down and I believe you can get traps now with a sliding adjustment on it so that would save a lot of work.

In the end its best to take your trap with you to the shop and find the bits you need by trying them as you will have to match threads and diameters, and tehre are lots of products to cjhoose from!

Good Luck

Advertisement

nicknackynoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:46 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Many thanks.
RichieA is offline   Reply With Quote