Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
Still going...

Rewards Points: 500

Dupont Zodiaq vs. Cosentino Eco

Does anyone have any experience with either of these products? Due to current sale the two are now for our kitchen within $250 Zodiaq has a 10 year warranty while the Eco has a 5 year. Both products have a similar material where the Eco has larger glass and some mirror particles so it looks a little better.

Where is DuPont Zodiaq made? Cosentino is made in Spain so it obviously has "their" recycled materials!

Master Bath, still going...
ChrisDIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:23 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

I realize this is an older post but who knows...maybe an answer will be of use to you or someone. I looked at Zodiaq, Caeserstone and a few Eco options. Ultimately went with the Zodiaq Antique Pearl for my kitchen. I think it looks great and it's held up well thus far. No clue as to where it's made though, sorry.

darenrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
Still going...

Rewards Points: 500

I failed to post this as it is very relevant. Zodiaq comes in 2 cm and 3 cm whereas Cosentino Eco only comes in 2 cm. Can't use with undermount sinks basically. So we went with the Zodiaq as well.

Master Bath, still going...
ChrisDIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Zodiaq Quartz are made out of Thetford Mines in Quebec, Silestone in Spain, Caesarstone in Israel and Hanstone now made in London, Ontario.

For the ecological purpose, they are pretty all the same in quantity of recycled particles in it, but since zodiaq and hanstone are closer, there is a lower ecological impact.

For working with all theses stones, I can assure that hanstone and zodiaq are of higher quality, in density, stability and composition of the stone!
Flashh880 is offline   Reply With Quote