Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #1

Share |

door swing and clearance

i want to see what you guys would do.

the issue. the left bank of corner. i had to space the other over 1 7/8" in order for that door to not hit the corner cabinet = causing damage. i know i could put a spacer in there. but what if i flip the doors and move that one cabinet over to butt. then the doors would not hit, and they would mirror the doors on the right side, that i could butt with out a problem. also, mirroring the doors, would put the handles in a mirror layout = would look much more symmetrical.
Attached Thumbnails
door swing and clearance-img_2191.jpg   door swing and clearance-img_2189.jpg   door swing and clearance-img_2190.jpg  

Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
K&B Designer

door swing and clearance

Late to answer, but shallower depth cabinets that open towards a deeper cabinet should always have a filler there, or should have a restrictor clip/cable limiter for the hinge to keep it from opening past 90. Or change the hinges out to the more restrictive opening ones.

In your pic above, both the cabinets to the right of the stove should have been planned to be right hinged though, IMHO. With the restrictor clip added to the shallower cabinet.

wkearney99 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #3

door swing and clearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_Oak View Post
Late to answer, but shallower depth cabinets that open towards a deeper cabinet should always have a filler there, or should have a restrictor clip/cable limiter for the hinge to keep it from opening past 90. Or change the hinges out to the more restrictive opening ones.

In your pic above, both the cabinets to the right of the stove should have been planned to be right hinged though, IMHO. With the restrictor clip added to the shallower cabinet.
yes, i know. and yes, a little poor planning. but, i am going to flip the right side cabs and adjust the doors. its not just about door swing. its also the "look" , as in, where the handles go.
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote