Colour Scheme To Match Gray - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-16-2004, 04:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Colour scheme to match gray

I have a nice size bedroom with a good grey carpet in it which I really did not want to replace but I am stuck as to what colours will match it. I am looking for something which would give a warm feeling to the room but also making it feel brighter at the same time.

Advertisement

imported_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 11:14 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Colour scheme to match gray

What you need is an inspiration piece. A big painting. Bedspread. Area rug. A patterned chair. Something to pull colors from. If you pick a pattern with a little rug grey then people will think you picked the rug to go with your color scheme. Also you can return them if you dont like them with the grey rug.

If you dont like the grey rug then cover it up with an area rug or lots of runners so its not so dominant. Not sure how big your room is.

Also always pick your wall color last. Paint is the easiest thing to change. When it comes time to pick a color get some large 17/22 sheets of poster board and some craft paints and/or left over latex paints. Try your painted poster board in different spots and at different times of the day. Some times colors change on different walls and from day to night. When you get the color you like take your poster board and have the paint store guys match it. Much cheaper tan 14 tester quarts of paint.

:D

Advertisement

Stanlie is offline   Reply With Quote