I have had a lot of experience with Cabinets to Go.
Have fun with customer call backs.
Their cabinets are definitely junk.
For anyone that does not believe be just make sure to ask the following questions when you go to their stores:
1. What is covered under the warranty?
Ask specific question like:
If my hinges come loos from the cabinet is that covered?
If the hinges or drawer slides break is that covered?
If the plywood delaminates what is covered?
Have them put all this in writing on your sales receipt.
2. Can I see the warranty in writing?
The actual written warranty is so vague it is scary.
3. Ask your salesperson what type of training they have had.
4. How long have they worked there.
5. Ask if they will be able to give you an accurate delivery timeframe.
Before you sign on the bottom line, have them put down in writing a discount per week that they miss their deadline.
6. Ask if any cabinets are on backorder, they will rarely tell you upfront on their own if they are.
Then look around at the cabinets in the showroom.
Open and close all of the doors and drawers.
Take note of how they are scratched and worn.
This is not an old company. Most showrooms have only been open for 2 years.
If the cabinets are in that poor shape already, how do you think they will look in your home?
Thank you for this second follow up post. Much better than the first, which came off kinda abrasive.
You obviously had a bad experience and the comments you made actually do help in making a decision or help a fellow consumer to make sure we purchase something and read the fine print.
I will def ask those questions about warranties with any cabinets i end up going with