Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #1

Share |

Building up wall in bathroom

Bought an old fixxer upper and the upstairs units bathroom has only a bath and no shower. It has a bathtub but the the wall between the toilet and sink and the bathtub is only about 3 feet tall.

I was wondering if i can just fram a small wall and nail it to the top or the mini wall and the ceiling or do i meed to take the mini wall out and replace the whole thing?

Also if there a best way to frame the wall knowing i will have pipes running up it?

wnyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #2

Building up wall in bathroom

Better to remove the wall and build new one. Space your studs accordingly for the plumbing. Which usually means start in the center of the tub and put one 12" each way from center then carry on from there.

mae-ling is offline   Reply With Quote