Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #1

Share |

Building new shower wall

To replace some leaky pipes I had to demolish the wet wall in a basement bathroom shower stall. Two other walls are still solid with old fashioned tile in mud, and the mud/concrete shower floor is in place.

I need to replace the wall with the plumbing in it and a new lip. The old wall was concrete block and tearing it down has left a floor jagged with the rough edges of the old block that was set down into the bathroom's concrete floor. I am planning to put up a frame wall with concrete board and tile.
I have a few questions:
1. What do I need to do to get a firm foundation for a new wall and lip - bust out the remaining concrete block and put some new concrete down so I have a flat service to attach a board to as a base for the new wall?
2. I've read about different ways to waterproof that wall - is there a consensus on best method? something to apply over concrete board?
3. How do I create a waterproof seal between my new wall (and new lip I need to build) and the existing shower floor?
Thanks for any suggestions - this is going to stretch my skills.
Attached Thumbnails
Building new shower wall-shower-floor.jpg  

petemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:37 AM   #2

Building new shower wall

I would suggest posting better pictures. You are zoomed into the problem area and we can't see any of the surrounding area. Why can't you just build a form and fix the concrete?

PolySuperman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower stall, wet wall