Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

bathtub doors

Looking at doors for my new bathtub. Lowes & Home Depot have kind of the same in stock. I was just wondering which is the better brand, Kohler or Sterling? Checked both of them out and it seemed that Kohler was a bit more expensive, but the doors seemed to move easier and the quality seemed a whole lot better.

boilermaker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 2,360

bathtub doors

Both are good--Sterling has builders grade and higher quality lines--

So watch out for their less expensive ones---

Kohler does not have a builders grade--just the better quality line--

Old 02-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

bathtub doors

thanks
boilermaker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
K&B Designer

Rewards Points: 250

bathtub doors

Sterling IS Kohler's budget line. Either is fine quality. But I wouldn't do a tub door. A shower door, sure. Tub doors are a big PIA. A shower curtain is more functional and more decorative.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 250

bathtub doors

Yep I'd avoid a tub door. I think Live_Oak meant a tub curtain is more functional and more decorative. Getting in and out of a tub to take a shower is bad enough, but making it even higher with a door is a terrible idea imo. Not to mention taking an actual bath or washing a pet/child in a tub with doors is worse.
NewHomeDIYGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #6
bbo

Rewards Points: 500

bathtub doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeDIYGuy View Post
Yep I'd avoid a tub door. I think Live_Oak meant a tub curtain is more functional and more decorative. Getting in and out of a tub to take a shower is bad enough, but making it even higher with a door is a terrible idea imo. Not to mention taking an actual bath or washing a pet/child in a tub with doors is worse.
same here, when we bought this house, wife insisted I take down the tub doors and put up a shower curtain.

Ever try to give a small child a bath in a tub with doors? plus if you're over 6ft, its like crawling in and out of the tub to take a shower.
bbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 10

bathtub doors

I just picked up a brand new Bathtub shower door from reStore. Its a fleurco door retails 1200$ paid 75 bucks... I'd check out to see what they have. My set was missing a hinge which I ordered off ebay...

kelownaliving is offline   Reply With Quote